Booking Terms & Conditions
Due to the nature of our business, we review each booking enquiry individually. We will revert within 24 hours (Mon to Fri) to discuss your group’s requirements in more detail.
- In order to confirm your booking, we require a deposit of €45 per person (payable to our activity providers Adventure West and refundable up to 4 weeks prior to outing).
- Final numbers, plus accommodation costs are due 4 weeks prior to outing.
- Balance of package fee (ferry & food) is due on arrival.
- If the balance of payment is not received 3 weeks in advance we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled.
- The hostel retains the right to re-sell cancelled beds.
- If a planned activity is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, an alternative option will be offered to the group. A refund is only applicable if the activity providers are unable to offer an alternative.
- For each installment, we generate an invoice which is e-mailed to you and payment is requested through bank transfer.
- Initial deposit covers the adventure activity part of the booking and is paid to Adventure West Ltd whose insurance covers the adventure activity part of the package.
- Remaining payments cover accommodation at Go Explore Hostel, food at Sailor’s Bar plus return ferry crossing with Clare Island Ferry Co Ltd and is paid to Go Explore Hostel.
- Different minimum age and health conditions are attached to each activity we offer. Please check these in relation to your group and discuss with us if you are unsure about anything highlighted.
- A refundable security deposit of €100 is required for each group when checking into Go Explore Hostel. Rooms are checked before departure and the deposit will be retained in the event of any of the following:
- any sign of alcohol found in the bedrooms
- anyone has been sick in bedrooms
- markings on the walls of floors
- spillage or breakage
- damage to bedding
- Complaints of excessive noise will also result in the retention of security deposit
- For bank holiday weekends, we only accept Saturday night bookings as part of a minimum two night stay – either Fri & Sat, or Sat & Sun. (All three nights are an option too.)
- Winter sailings to the island are subject to weather conditions. When deemed unsuitable for the ferry crossing, we have an arrangement with a quality hostel on the mainland where the package can be adapted to meet the change in location.
As our group activities and hostel beds are booked well in advance, it is difficult to resell late cancellations. Therefore we have the following policies in place:
- If your numbers drop between the payment of your deposit and up to 4 weeks prior to the outing, we will refund the deposits on the cancellations, minus a cancellation fee of €4 per person.
- There are no refunds on the accommodation installment (2nd payment, due 4 weeks prior to outing).
- If there are cancellations within 4 weeks of the event, no refund is given on the basic package of adventure activity & accommodation. Full refund is given on the ferry & food part of the package on cancellations received up to 48 hours prior to outing. There is no refund on cancellations received within 48 hours of the booked outing.