Booking Terms & Conditions
Due to the nature of our business, we review each booking enquiry individually. We will revert within 24 hours (Mon to Fri) to discuss your group’s requirements in more detail.
- In order to confirm your booking, we require a deposit of €40 per person. (For the Singles weekend the deposit is €70pp.)
- Final numbers, plus an interim payment of €45 are due 4 weeks prior to outing. (For the Singles weekend, the full balance is due 4 weeks prior to the event.)
- Balance of group package fee is due on arrival.
- If the balance of payment is not received 3 weeks in advance we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled.
- The hostel retains the right to re-sell cancelled beds.
- If a planned activity is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, an alternative option will be offered to the group. A refund is only applicable if the activity providers are unable to offer an alternative.
- For each installment, we generate an invoice which is e-mailed to you and payment is requested through bank transfer.
- Initial deposit covers the adventure activity part of the booking and is paid to Adventure West Ltd whose insurance covers the adventure activity part of the package.
- Remaining payments cover accommodation at Go Explore Hostel, food at Sailor’s Bar plus return ferry crossing with Clare Island Ferry Co Ltd and is paid to Go Explore Hostel.
- Different minimum age and health conditions are attached to each activity we offer. Please check these in relation to your group and discuss with us if you are unsure about anything highlighted.
- A refundable security deposit of €100 is required for each group when checking into Go Explore Hostel. Rooms are checked before departure and the deposit will be retained in the event of any of the following:
- any sign of alcohol found in the bedrooms
- anyone has been sick in bedrooms
- markings on the walls of floors
- spillage or breakage
- damage to bedding
- Complaints of excessive noise will also result in the retention of security deposit
- For bank holiday weekends, we only accept Saturday night bookings as part of a minimum two night stay – either Fri & Sat, or Sat & Sun. (All three nights are an option too.)
- We have no problem with groups bringing some drinks to the hostel to enjoy before or after dinner. However, we do not allow drinks to be brought up to the bedrooms in any circumstance. We do not allow customers’ own drinks to be consumed in the public bar and upper terrace outside. If groups want to use the hostel lounge for a pre-dinner gathering then it can be booked for a €100 fee to cover clean up and waste disposal. We would ask that you do not bring excessive amounts of your own alcohol to the island as it is not sustainable for our local economy due to our short season.
- Winter sailings to the island are subject to weather conditions. When deemed unsuitable for the ferry crossing, we have an arrangement with a quality hostel on the mainland where the package can be adapted to meet the change in location.
As our group activities and hostel beds are booked well in advance, it is difficult to resell late cancellations. Therefore we have the following policies in place:
- If your numbers drop between the payment of your deposit and up to 4 weeks prior to the outing, we will refund the deposits on the cancellations, minus a cancellation fee of €4 per person.
- There are no refunds on the second installment payment (due 4 weeks prior to outing).
- Singles weekend cancellations received within four weeks are not entitled to refunds – these may be issued at our discretion depending on ability to refill the spaces. There is no refund on cancellations received within 48 hours of the booked outing.