Booking Terms & Conditions
Due to the nature of our business, we review each booking enquiry individually. We will revert within 24 hours (Mon to Fri) to discuss your group’s requirements in more detail.
- In order to confirm your booking, we require a deposit of €42 per person (payable to our activity providers Adventure West).
- Final numbers, plus balance of package fee (accommodation, ferry & food) is due 4 weeks prior to booking date.
- In both instances above, we generate a PayPal invoice which is e-mailed to you and payment requested through PayPal or by bank transfer.
- Initial deposit covers the adventure activity part of the booking and is paid to Adventure West Ltd whose insurance covers the adventure activity part of the package
- Balance of payment covers accommodation at Go Explore Hostel, food at Sailor’s Bar plus return ferry crossing with Clare Island Ferry Co Ltd and is paid to Go Explore Hostel.
- If the balance of payment is not received 3 weeks in advance we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled.
- Different minimum age and health conditions are attached to each activity we offer. Please check these in relation to your group and discuss with us if you are unsure about anything highlighted.
- A refundable security deposit of €100 is required for each group when checking into Go Explore Hostel. Rooms are checked before departure and the deposit will be retained in the event of any of the following:
- any sign of alcohol found in the bedrooms
- anyone has been sick in bedrooms
- markings on the walls of floors
- spillage or breakage
- damage to bedding
- Complaints of excessive noise will also result in the retention of security deposit
As our group activities and hostel beds are booked well in advance, it is difficult to resell late cancellations. Therefore we have the following policies in place:
- If your numbers drop between the payment of your deposit and your final confirmation of numbers, we will refund your deposit minus a cancellation fee of €4 per person.
- If there are cancellations after the final numbers are confirmed and up to 4 weeks prior to the event, we retain the initial booking deposit of €42 per cancellation and refund the balance.
- If there are cancellations within 4 weeks of the event, no refund is given on the basic package of adventure activity & accommodation. Full refund is given on the ferry & food part of the package.