With the schools about to break up for summer, we’re looking forward to lots of families visiting over the next couple of months.
If you’re undecided yet as to where to head off to with your crew, we’ve compiled a list of reasons to put Clare Island on your family getaway list for this summer. Whether it’s for a week, a couple of nights or just a day trip, Clare Island has so much to offer:
- We’re running Family Activity Days on Tuesdays and Thursdays in July and August. Learn more about that here.
- Go Explore Hostel have great value Family Rooms available Sundays to Thursdays.
- The Blue Flag beach – when the sun is shining, Costa del Clare Island is a divine spot to hang out in.
- The heritage sites and the beauty of the landscape offer plenty of enticement for hiking and biking.
- Clare Island Community Centre hosts Comhaltas sessions every Tuesday evening in July and August, offering plenty of ceol agus craic with the best of traditional Irish music, song, dance and storytelling.
- Sailor’s Bar is hosting Singer-Songwriter nights on Thursdays. Relax and enjoy quality, live music from local and national artists.
- The hostel common room provides the perfect space for evening family entertainment (or on rainy days). Looking out on stunning views, you can play board games, read or watch DVDs.
- The Community Centre also has a sports complex for rainy days.
- Festivals galore. From music to food, regattas to mythic summer schools, hardly a week will go by when there won’t be something of interest taking place. Get a round-up of upcoming festivals here.
- The people of the island – the only thing to say on that is come and visit, and find out for yourself!